I shared a prayer request with a friend and that friend said to me, “Well, your head is in the clouds!” In other words they thought my prayer request had NO chance of being answered!
Needless to say I was TICKED! Maybe just plain mad might be more accurate! Yes, my sanctification flew right outta’ sight!
I got in my car and headed home … FUMING! I was SO mad. I just kept muttering, “Who do they think they are? Telling me my prayer has no chance of being answered! With God all things are possible! The nerve of them!”
It wasn’t until I cooled down a bit that I seemed to hear the Lord say, “Connie, think about My activity in the clouds.”
Suddenly I remembered a verse I had read while flying on an airplane, Nahum 1:3, “…clouds are the dust from his feet” (World). I remembered looking out of the window, seeing all the clouds and thinking, “Wow … I serve a great BIG God. God is out there skipping along with this plane, holding it in His hands and kicking up a lot of dust as He runs along with us” and I pictured Him grinning and having fun. Well, perhaps this isn’t theologically “sound” but that was my mental picture!
Thinking about those clouds I began to think of other clouds in scripture … He sent a cloud to protect the children of Israel from the day time heat in the desert, He spoke out of a cloud, His glory is in the clouds, He ascended to heaven in the clouds and He’s coming back in the clouds …
I got so excited that as soon as I got home I took my Bible and concordance, went to the computer and began to make notes …
- His Presence and voice are in the clouds … “And the Lord said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee … ” Exodus 19:9 (KJV); 33:9 & 10; 34:5.
- He guides and directs from the clouds … “And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way…” Exodus 13:21 & 22 (NKJV).
- His glory is in the clouds … “… the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud. ” Exodus 16:10 & 40:34 (NKJV).
- There are generations of saints cheering us on … “we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses”.Hebrews 12:1 (NKJV).
I call these my “cheerleaders”! I picture the saints of old and family members that have gone on before me looking through the gates of pearl waving their hands and yelling, “Go Connie! Don’t give up! Your answer is on the way, it is right around the corner, hang on a bit longer, don’t despair or get discouraged. Jesus promised He would hear your heart’s cry!”
- Jesus ascended to heaven in a cloud … “… a cloud received Him out of their sight.” Acts 1:9 (NKJV).
- Hallelujah! … He’s coming back in the clouds … “they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory” Luke 21:27 (NKJV); Acts 1:11; Revelation 1:7.
- Covers my sins … “I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like a cloud, your sins”. Isaiah 44:22 (NKJV) … oh, this makes me so happy!
- Promises of rain … I Kings 18:43-45. “The clouds poured out water …” Psalms 77:17 (NKJV).
- The clouds are His chariot (maybe even His car?), “…who makes the clouds his chariot …” Psalms 104:3; and “ … the Lord rides on a swift cloud …” Isaiah 19:1 (both NKJV).
- The clouds are His chair, “ … and behold a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of man … and another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud …”Revelation 14:14 & 15 (NKJV).
- He answers out of the thunderclouds! Psalm 81:7, “In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of a thundercloud …” (guess I could hear that!)
- Here is one that I truly love … Matthew 17:5, “ While he (Peter) was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!’” Do you get this picture? God, the Father, has ENVELOPED these disciples WITH HIS PRESENCE! WOW! My picture is this … being in the Artic but having the biggest, furriest, warmest blanket ever made wrapped around me and I am not cold! His Presence is over me, under me, beside me on both sides, behind me and in front of me I am surrounded by His Presence. I CAN live in the presence of the Almighty God!
(1) Clouds enhance the beauty of the sunset or sunrise.
(2) Clouds bring coolness in the heat of the summer.
(3) How many of us as children laid on the grass, looking up into the clouds and saw shapes and made up stories? Clouds can bring smiles.
(4) Without clouds that bring rain there would be no flowers, no food … no growth!
Even though I live in the California desert I am not a sun fan but I have decided that I am a Son fan and as long as He’s in the clouds … I’m going to keep my head in the clouds because He’s there! Yeah!!!
Music has always ministered to my spirit there’s a song I remember my mother singing and here’s the chorus:
Back of the clouds the sun is always shining,
Back of the clouds the sky is always blue;
God has prepared a golden silver lining
So keep on praying, til the sun shines through!
Fanny Crosby wrote these words, “When clothed with His brightness transported I rise to meet Him in clouds of the sky …”
Steve Fry who wrote,
“Oh the glory of Your Presence,
We Your temple give You reverence.
Come and rise for Your rest
And be blessed by our praise
As we glory in Your embrace,
As Your Presence now fills this place.”
Enjoy His presence with me in the clouds!
One thought on “Clouds”
Sent from my iPad